Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Being part of Human History....the election of Barack Obama!!!

There is nothing funny in this post, I don't care who reads it but there is a lot of happiness!!! This is not about politics or partisanship or ideology either.

I am a very hard critic and very very hard to win over, and I don't care what you think about it.

I started with serious doubts of Obama's experience and how he would hold up against a Republican onslaught in a very important year for Democrats. I was a big fan of Hillary Clinton and did not hide my disappointment at her loss.

I was reconciling myself to Obama as a candidate. As the time went on - and between August and now, it was so short indeed, my opinions slowly changed.

Everyone who lives in the time of a hero has a moment of faith.

True, Obama is yet to do what will qualify him to be a hero.

And its not about him being a hero.

Its about the hope he has sold us on.

ANYONE can become ANYTHING there is to become if they are honest to themselves and they have the determination.

Senator Barack Obama converted me on the third and final debate.

There was Senator John McCain, to whom I became endeared through Jon Stewart's Daily Show, really riling him up - saying all these un-McCainly things...

And there was this man, cool, composed, confident and dignified...

That was the moment, I knew, there is no single doubt in my mind - this is the man, Barack Obama who will lead us into a world filled with hope, determination and progress.

True, his Presidency will start riddled with problems. True, tomorrow morning we will not wake up to a world minus suffering.

BUT,

we have hope today.

The hope that millions of people who lived and heard Mahatma Gandhi or Martin Luther King Jr. had.

I have a dream, you have a dream, we all have dreams.

And now, we have one more thing....hope!

No comments: