Friday, November 07, 2008

To rob the gay man and pay the chicken - California's darkest moment in the 21st century...

[Please click on title to read original article]

I consider myself a Californian, having lived in the lovely, crazy, out of its own mind state for about 7-ish year now. I cherish her history, her peoples, her riches, her Gold and many other things.

However, California has a very very dirty side - Her history includes a radio reporter who once claimed that a plane crash was not of concern because it took with it only "a few deportees".

The city of Los Angeles once tried to prevent fellow Americans enter the city limits during the depression era when they were trying to escape the sand storms.

Then there were other big and small cases of discrimination of immigrants, including efforts to prevent children of illegal immigrants from obtaining education because of choices their parents made...

But nothing breaks your heart more than when Californians show more concern for the animals they are about to eat than the men and women that they live with as a society.

I am not gay and I don't vote. My simple question is, how can we allow money from outside the state and a few priests inaugurate one of our darkest moments in modern history?

I really, really hope the courts set this grave wrong right as soon as possible.

And hopefully, in 2012 the 52-48 will switch around!

As to those protesting peacefully (not you jerks jumping on cars), my heart goes out to you!

No comments: