Friday, July 24, 2009

What can Douglas Adams teach us about life?

[Please click on the following to read original article]

I have been told many times that I live in my own world. This is true. And in my own world, sometimes mistakes are made. One of them, was the fact that I had kept one or two copies (I am crazy about books and don't even know how many + how many copies of those many I have) of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and always thought it was probably an astronomy book I should read.

Hey don't blame me. Alright, maybe you should. But I also thought that Michael Jackson was indeed White for a whole while too..Naivete as the Francois put it.

Coming back to Douglas Adams, I went nuts when I first found out about "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe". This again, of course, involved my own assumptions of what he meant by the "end" and the consequential revelation almost a month later - yes, I savored every line of the book.

Yesterday or day before, I found this link and I thought I will share this with you:

http://www.questforbalance.com/2009/07/22/douglas-adams-guru/

I don't know about "Guru" - the idea of cowering to others of my own species gives me the creeps, but I sure do love Douglas Adams! By the time I found him and his writings, he has long passed.

However, Douglas Adams was never about sobering moments, so if you have not found him yet, I hope you do - through his writings of course!

Claimer: Views presented in this article probably or definitely allude to people real, unreal, imaginary, virtual and otherwise. Any harm or libel cast on people dead, alive or transient is either intentional or otherwise. The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author, however he refuses to take responsibility for said views and believes the use of "airquotes" to be a birthright. Claims not included in this claim are also claimed.

No comments: